Welcome, readers!

Welcome to H&J's adventure blog! Please enjoy your stay, and please do leave comments for us. We love to hear back from our readers. We also love taking requests for future posts. Anything you want us to blog about? Just email us. Thanks for reading!

Services We Recommend

Friday, April 06, 2007

Classy or sassy?

Seen in a Copenhagen bar:

I'll bet you 5 kroner that this Carlsberg is probably the best beer in town.

Well, I don't really have an opinion about whether Carlsberg is or isn't the best beer. But someone--and I mean someone who has money to spend--clearly isn't 100% certain on the quality of Carlsberg. I mean, in the US, every frickin' thing is "the world's best" or "Number 1" or "Unbeaten in its class" or whatever. The Danes, by contrast, are so... unassuming. (Click to enlarge...)

Jens, Ulf, Niels, and I have been talking, and we're pretty close to 70% sure that København doesn't yet have any beer superior to Carlsberg.

To be honest, I have no idea which beer is in the glass. It's the other thing in the glass which motivated me to snap this photo. Look more closely:

Honey, please stop blowing bubbles in your beer. There are enough in there already.

Who drinks beer with a straw? I mean, is this a bar or a soda fountain? We really liked this bar, so we'd like to think that it isn't the fault of the owner--it's just that the Danes prefer slurping to sipping when it comes to beer. On the other hand, it may simply be that this guy is really fond of straws. Another mystery left unsolved in Denmark.

No comments: