Welcome, readers!

Welcome to H&J's adventure blog! Please enjoy your stay, and please do leave comments for us. We love to hear back from our readers. We also love taking requests for future posts. Anything you want us to blog about? Just email us. Thanks for reading!

Services We Recommend

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

An echo from the great abyss

Anyone that's in the process of applying for jobs knows that sending off resumes and cover letters is a lesson in frustration. Yet, there does seem to be life in the great abyss that accepts all job applications. I just received an email from a potential employer in Montreal inquiring as to when I will return. It's many steps away from actual employment, but I'm reveling in the small bit of human attention, and I wanted to share the good news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the response to the resume and cover letter. I'm sure that your impressive resume speaks volumes. Any employer would be fortunate to hire you.

Unknown said...

I know all too well how you feel. I'm anticipating the end of my temporary gig at Boston Lyric Opera soon. How sad (or yet, what an opportunity?) that I am now looking for volunteer or part time work in addition to my search for the full time job. But maybe working part time somewhere else, meeting all those folks & their contacts, and spending 20 hours a week at the beach is what G*d intended for me this summer? Hmmm. Maybe..... :-) Julie O